BoolTools 2 for SketchUp
About 20 months before SketchUp Pro 8 released the Solid Tools, way back in Dec 2008, the original BoolTools plug-in for SketchUp was released. This tool provided an inexpensive way to perform some basic Boolean operations and worked with both SketchUp Make free and pro. After all, the Pro Solid Tools did not exist yet, and no one even knew that SketchUp was considering creating this long-requested feature.
The original BoolTools plug-in was indeed useful and helped fill a necessary need in the SketchUp toolset for many years, especially for make users. However, it had some limitations, especially when dealing with smaller complex objects.
Why anyone should use BoolTools 2?
Successful Boolean operations depend on high-precision 3D intersections, something that the internal SketchUp geometry engine struggles with at times. Even Pro Solid Tools struggles with this problem. That’s why so many Solid Tools users have adopted the copy and scale-up workflow to prevent their Solid Tool operation from failing.
The Pro Solid Tools has also had some other long-standing limitations that we have improved on with BoolTools.
Features of BoolTools2
1. Union, Difference, Intersection, Trim, Split.
2. Designed with 3D printing in mind to work with small complex objects (no more scaling workarounds.
3. Works with nested solids.
4. Do not create new components! The original component is modified as expected.
5. Maintains the Layer and Names of the first object selected.
6. New Single Object Union tool click a single group or component to union all nested solids inside of it.
7. Results in solid 3D printable objects in almost all cases if the original objects were also solids.
Pricing of BoolTools2
BoolTools 2 is currently only 29 dollars for a permanent license. You can order 15 day trial period before purchasing the product. You can order volume licensing by simply entering the number of licenses required in the order form.
To learn more, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source: mind.sight.studios
Download BoolTools 2 for SketchUp