Geometry in SketchUp is assigned a default material as it is created. The default material can be changed by painting the geometry with a material.
Materials also have an opacity property (a number between 0 and 100%) allowing you to create materials that behave like glass. Paint these materials on faces to create windows.
You create realistic SketchUp Materials from image files (such as .jpg pictures taken with a digital camera) using the Materials Browser.
Find more sketchup materials :
To add materials from image files:
- ♦ Create a folder for your image files.
- ♦ Place your image files into the new folder.
- ♦ Launch SketchUp.
- ♦ Select Window > Materials - The Materials Browser is displayed.
- ♦ Click on the Materials picker.
- ♦ Click on the List drop-down menu.
- ♦ Select New.
- ♦ Enter a name for the new materials collection that will contain your image-based materials.
- ♦ Click OK. A new materials collection is saved
- ♦ Click on the Color drop-down menu.
- ♦ Select New Texture.
- ♦ Locate the image-based material to add to the collection.
- ♦ Click Open. The image-based material will be added to your new materials collection
SketchUp Materials are automatically used in Render Plus products such as IRender and RPS 3D PDF.
Download for Google SketchUp Material
Download more sketchup materials :