E-on Software Announces the Opening of Submissions for the 3D CG Environment Competition 2017
3D CG Environment Competition Offers Participants the Opportunity to Showcase Talents in 3D Natural Environment Graphics
Together with their sponsors, e-on software, leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering, and integration of natural 3D environments today announced the ninth edition of the 3D CG Environment Competition, for participants to showcase their expertise in using 3D technology to create computer generated (CG) natural environments.
Watch the 3D Environment Competition Trailer on Youtube.
Submissions for the competition are now open and continue through September 30, 2017. The winners of the competition will be announced on October 31, 2017.
Together with sponsors NVIDIA, WACOM, HP, Pixologic, 3D Artist, Routledge, Cornucopia3D, GeekAtPlay, AsileFX and QuadSpinner, e-on software will be awarding competition winners more than $30,000 in 3D tools and resources.
Entrants may use the application of their choice, in combination with any of the e-on software products. This includes any version of VUE (Esprit, Studio, Complete, Infinite or xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free VUE Pioneer, as well as PlantFactory, Carbon Scatter, Ozone, and LumenRT (and their respective free versions).
Judging is based solely on the quality, realism, and artistic merit of the entries, not on the software version used to create them.
With 14 judges representing the different fields of the 3D CG industry, this competition is also a unique chance for artists to have their work seen and judged by industry experts, representing the motion picture, gaming, media, and broadcast industries, including several Visual Effects Society (VES) and Emmy award winners, and industry publication and educational professionals. Judges are:
• Paul Huston - Senior Digital Matte Artist, Industrial Light & Magic
• Scott Brisbane - Lead Matte Painter, Weta Digital
• Eran Dinur - VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm Digital
• Olivier Pron - Supervising Art Director, Head of Art Department, Method Studios
• Jean-Denis Coindre - Lead Digital Matte-Painting, Universal Pictures - Illumination Mac Guff
• Justin Gladis - Matte Painting Lead, Blue Sky Studios
• Ethan Ayer - Matte Painter, Respawn Entertainment
• Alex Alvarez - Founder/President, Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games + Animation
• Sofronis Efstathiou - BFX Competition & Festival Director, Bournemouth University
• Franck Petitta - Founder and CEO, Ecole Georges Méliès
• Jim Thacker - Editor, CG Channel
• Daniel Wade - Product Marketing Manager, ArtStation.com
• Manny Fragelus - Founder and Program Director of CGMA and CGworkshops, CG Society
• Carrie Mok - Editor, 3D Artist
The prestigious list of sponsors for the competition include:
Technology Sponsors: Nvidia, Wacom, HP, Pixologic
Media Sponsors: ArtStation.com, 3D Artist, CG Society, CG Channel
Educational Sponsors - 3D Animation & VFX schools:
• Gnomon School
• Bournemouth University
• Ecole George Méliès
Certified e-on software trainers: Geekatplay, Asilefx, Quadspinner
In association with Bentley Systems, Inc.
Prize winners will receive the following:
• Main Category Winner: $17,000 in prizes
• Main Category First Runner Up: $8,000 in prizes
• Main Category Second Runner Up: $4,000 in prizes
• e-on Academic Category Winner (1 student or a group of up to 5 students maximum): $4,000 in prizes
The full prize list can be accessed here.
Learn more about our Prizes and Sponsors: here