A position is vacant for Environment Artist in Bellevue, Washington
Sucker Punch Productions, is seeking very talented environment artists to work in tandem with the creative team of Sucker Punch. The ideal candidate should contain sound knowledge in 3D modeling, UV editing, texture placement, creation and editing of layered textures.
- Apply Autodesk Maya for creating the model & texture of game environment assets.
- Use Photoshop & the proprietary shaders and tools of the company to form the textures.
- Be familiar with the production pipeline, techniques as well as employing models into the run-time engine.
- Create workable models inside the performance and memory constraints of the game engine and hardware.
- Closely follow production schedules to fulfill down-stream production requirements.
- Be capable of embracing and assuming new responsibilities to cope up with the need.
- Probable placement of assets into the run-time game environment.
- Proficient with producing real-time textures and models.
- Well versed with Maya and Photoshop.
- Capability to pursue art direction evaluations and generate results on deadline.
- Should have sound artistic sense concerning shape, proportion, and color.
- Deep knowledge in texturing and UV editing.
- Capability of performing with a team.
- Should have sense of collaboration and self-discipline.
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES:
- Experience with real-time rendering technology.
- Strong skills in applying ZBrush or other sculpting software.
- Console development experience.
- Knowledge of Substance or Quixel.
Image Courtesy: nizuvault.wordpress.com