Wiley Pathways Introduction to Google SketchUp
Considerably easier to use than other 3D software, Google SketchUp has found a niche in architecture, landscape design, real estate development, furniture building, and other design professions. This book provides an accessible approach that assumes no previous 3D modeling experience and explains the basic concepts involved in 3D modeling.
Wiley Pathways SketchUp shows you how to build a 3D model, print it, share it, export it to another professional design package, export it to Google Earth, and create a 3D animated tour. The book will also help you harness the power of Google SketchUp so you can populate Google Earth with 3D buildings, monuments, and other sculptures.
With this book, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts behind Google SketchUp and the general workflow for creating and sharing a model
- Use Google SketchUp to make buildings, draw and extrude simple plans, model stairs, and construct roofs
- Use advanced techniques for modeling objects like vehicles, furniture, and more
- Build models using photographs with Google SketchUp’s new photo matching feature
- Present your finished design using such features as Styles, Shadows, and Sections
- Get your models out into the world through Google Earth and the 3D Warehouse
- Print and export images and animations from your model file
About the Author: Aidan Chopra is the Product Evangelist at Google for SketchUp and Google Earth. He writes and lectures about how SketchUp is used in design, and writes the SketchUpdate, a monthly email newsletter that reaches SketchUp users worldwide. He holds a Master of Architecture degree from Rice University, and has taught architecture at the university level and, at Google, works on ways to mediate between power and usability.
- Length: 480 pages
- Language: English
- Price: $42.77
- Author: Aidan Chopra
Add to Cart