Usage of VCB (Value Control Box) within sketchup
The value control box (VCB) is situated at the right side of the status bar. The skethup users can access various information regarding dimension at the time of drawing anything.
The sketchup users can also put in values into the VCB to maneuver the entities which are already selected. (Generate elements concerning a particular dimension.
VCB contains the following characteristics:-
- The users can provide a value in the VCB prior to or after the completion of an operation provided that the value is penetrated before commencing of a new operation.
- The users should select enter or return key for the acceptance of a typed value.
- The value of the geometry can be modified as many times according to the preference of the users before commencing a new operation.
- If the users go out of any tool, the VCB can’t be utilized again to put in value for that tool.
- Sketchup will demonstrate a tilde (~) before the number to point out that a number is not accurate (not inside precision settings as provided in the unit panel of the model into dialogue box.
- The users don’t have to connect in the VCB prior to typing. The VCB constantly waits for input from the keyboard.
- The users will be able to put values in the VCB through an alternate measuring system than the default system. The sketchup will transfer the value to the default system. As for instance, the users can provide 3’6” even they are applying metric system as default. Units are arranged inside the units panel of the model info dialogue box.