How to set up ruby plugins - Extensions through the extension warehouse
The Extension Warehouse is found in Sketchup 2013. It is an online storehouse of extensions/plugins. To apply the extensions, just open sketchup and select extension warehouse from window menu. If you have an existing google account, log in through it. The users will be able to find a particular extension or toggle with numerous extension categories. Now once you get your preferred extension, just click on install and abide by the guidelines.
SketchUp and .rbz files
With the SketchUp 8 and 2013, the sketchup users will get the ability to set up zipped Ruby files (.rbz) from inside the product. If any plugin contains a customary (.zip) extension, then the extension’s name can be modified from .zip to .rbz.
How to set up a SketchUp Ruby plugin script involving the .rbz format:
- Prior to installation of any Ruby scripts, sign in into your computer as an admin. It will make the installation process uncomplicated ensuing the installation occurred in right position and place.
- Choose Window > Preferences (Microsoft Windows) or SketchUp > Preferences (Mac OS X). The Preferences dialog box will be visible.
- Turn on Extensions. The Extensions panel will be visible.
- The Open dialog box is shown once the users click on the Install Extension button.
- Trace the Ruby zip file to set up (.rbz).
- After clicking the Open button, the Ruby plugin is shown in the extension lists.
If you have a file with the .rb extension, you can install the plugin by placing the Ruby script file into the appropriate folder, and then regenerate SketchUp.
In Windows - the default location is:
- SketchUp 2013 and newer: C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp ####\Plugins.
- SketchUp 8 and older: C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp #\Plugins.
Mac OS X - the default location is:
- Version 2013: Open a new Finder window and press and hold the Option (alt) key on your keyboard, then visit the menu bar > Library > Application Support > SketchUp 2013 > SketchUp > Plugins
- Version 8 and older: [YOUR USER NAME]/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp #/SketchUp/plugins