Import an AutoCAD file into SketchUp by Jean-Luc Clauss
The CAD users generally apply DWG files for exchanging data toward drafting purpose. It is also vital to learn how to utilize these files into sketchup. But the application is different for sketchup free and pro version.
Import DWG with SketchUp Pro version:
- File - Import
- The Open window will be visible
- Opt for AutoCAD Files in the File Types drop-down menu
- Select the Options button. The following window will come into view. In the Scale section, select the cm as units (assuming worked cm in AutoCAD). In order to arrange your DWG file near the origin of SketchUp, uncheck Preserve drawing origin of SketchUp.
- Double click and choose the DWG file as per your choice.
- SketchUp will show the development of the import:
- After import is completed, a window will show the audit Import:
- If the model includes the geometry prior to importing, DWG will be imported as a component.
Import DWG with SketchUp free version
In order to import an AutoCAD (DWG or DXF) file with sketchup free version, the users should require a free plugin known as In DXF which will DXF files into SketchUp. But the users have to export their AutoCAD DXF file initially.
Download this plugin
http://archi-com21.blogspot.in (Jean-Luc Clauss)