AECOM undertakes Trimble's Design-Build-Operate (DBO) software portfolio
AECOM, the leading provider of professional, technical and management support services catering to transportation, facilities, environment, energy, water and government, has signed up a multi-year agreement through which AECOM will select and provide various solutions from Trimble's Design-Build-Operate (DBO) software portfolio to make the project workflows more improved, develop visibility & preciseness and boost cooperation amid project team members.
The software portfolio includes products like Proliance, SketchUp Pro, Tekla, Vico Office, Quantm, Modelogix, WinEst and More.
With this acquisition AECOM will be able to bring incorporated project delivery technology and services to develop exactness, enhance efficiency and deliver higher-quality projects to the clients.
AECOM has decided on to acquire Trimble software on a subscription basis. AECOM is also set to offer on-demand access to the below mentioned software across its organization to render a commanding, coordinated suite of services to the clients:
- SketchUp Pro - the construction professional's version of the world's most recognized 3D modeling tool designed for producing, updating and delivering designs in 3D.
- Tekla Structures - the premier BIM (Building Information Modeling) tool utilized for the formation and supervision of constructible 3D models generated through conceptual design to material fabrication, erection, and site management.
- Vico Office - virtual construction software, expanding 3D models involving constructability analysis and coordination, location-based quantity takeoff, 4D (time) scheduling and production control, and 5D (cost) estimating.
- WinEst - robust database-based software that applies a highly adjustable spreadsheet for generating, regulating and presenting cost estimates.
- Modelogix - software useful for assembling and investigating precedent-project data and providing extensive cost models for prospect projects.
- Prolog® - project-management and cost-control software intended for general contractors and construction managers.
- Quantm® - alignment planning software that combines engineering, environmental, social and economic aspects into simultaneous analysis of alternatives for rail and road planning.
- Trimble AutoBid® Mechanical - labor and material estimating software catering to commercial mechanical, piping, and plumbing contractors.
- Trimble Accubid® Enterprise Estimating - a server-based, spec-driven estimating platform providing solutions to electrical, industrial mechanical and ITS contractors.
- Plancal Nova - creates incorporated CAD/BIM and engineering calculations in one integrated system, involving superior functionality developed purposely for building services firms.
AECOM will start unfolding Trimble's DBO software and solutions beginning in 2014.