Urban planning gets benefits from SketchUp
23rd November 2010
By Global Assocaites SketchUp Team
SketchUp has been used for innumerable sectors for the benefits of endless people. It has great importance in today’s urban planning sector. Day by day, every city has become clutter and clumsy for its growing popularity. So a proper planning is very important for all the inhabitants and the municipal of the city. A proper planning can manage the chaotic crowd and can make a proper planned city. And SketchUp is the most easy and effective solution to this problem.
With the help of SketchUp, one can create 3D designing of any city with spatial relationship. The landscape, cityscape, skyline of a city, skyscrapers can be easily designed by this wonderful 3D designing tool. The ‘push-pull’, ‘walk through’, ‘faces’ etc. tools help the designer to have quick and almost accurate 3D models of any building. SketchUp is much more fast than conventional 2D and 3D designing programs like CAD or GIS
You can also download readymade 3D models from Component Library. In this component library, you will get 3D models of car, building, trees, flowers, people, building components like door, window and many more things. With the help of these components you can make the floor plan of any city instantly.
SketchUp enables you to speed up your production. You can also add photo realistic rendering to make it more real. With a detailed study, you can make an analysis of the past. Based on which you can make the urban planning in SketchUp in future perspective. SketchUp is a flexible procedure in which you can add color, texture according to your requirements. You can also edit your design by removing or adding at the last moment. ‘What if’ position is made possible in SketchUp with the help of which you can prepare alternative scenario for your planning. You can have the lighting effects of different times of day.
In SketchUp complex geometric data is converted to visuals of the site or area or city which the planner and community can easily understand. It will take a few minutes to generate the visuals.
SketchUp can help you in these following scenarios:
- ♦ To make 3D models of any historic zone from old photographs
- ♦ To make flyover on a congested urban place
- ♦ To make terrain model of highway beside forest
- ♦ To make alternative concept landscape plans for a new township
- ♦ To make new skyline due to new structure
If you are want all these services and designing is not your cup of tea, then there are few companies who can do these jobs for yourself. www.SketchUp4architect.com is one of the leading one among all companies. This is a dependable, quality service provider in time and cost effective SketchUp designing outsourcing company. The services regarding urban planning enlisted here:
- ♦ Import data from other formats – CAD, 3DS files, digital elevation models and raster data
- ♦ Export file into CAD, GIS ( multipatch or 3D symbology), rendering or presentation software.
- ♦ Allow display settings like water marks, sketchy effects and 3D text
- ♦ Allow inclusion of camera and sun movement – important for any site planning exercise
- ♦ Create interactive 3D GIS plans for real time studies and impact evaluation
- ♦ Place your model on Google Earth