Google Sketchup - A Magic Wand for 3D Design
13th August 2010
By Global Assocaites SketchUp Team
SketchUp, the splendid software was first invented by @Last Software Company, a small group of AEC software industry. Then Google adopted it in 2006 seeing the immense potentiality of the software. And now it has become one of the most popular services of Google. It is a simple but powerful application which will make your monitor come alive with the 3D model. By this software, one can view, create, modify and choose 3D structure by just some clicks on mouse.
Google Sketchup explores creativity: It is an easy learning 3D modeling program which helps you to create 3D models of buildings, decks, woodworking projects and additional home applications. You can play with your creativity by adding textures, detailing and changes as per your need. One can definitely enjoys the marvelous combination of spontaneity of pencil drawing and flexibility of modern day media.
Advancement of Sketchup software: From the date of invention, it came a long way making some wonderful projects and day by day upgradation and new additions help it to present itself in dynamic and more useful avatars like Sketchup Pro, Sketchup Pro 5, Sketchup Pro 6 and Sketchup Pro 7 and finally Sketchup Pro 7.1. First of all, you can select your preferred style from the lots of styling available like: blueprint selection, watermark, sketchy look or hard line. It is out and out user friendly software which comes with a straight forward interface, along with the simple and easy to understand functioning. Today the works of architecture can not be completed without the help of the Sketchup software.
Exclusive features of Google Sketchup:-
- ♦ Google Sketchup software has a smart feature called Edge and Face by which you can easily draw lines and shapes.
- ♦ Using the push or pull characteristic it can transfer 2D to 3D in a blink.
- ♦ You will have an accurate measurement in this software and able to put the actual height, length and width in it to have a real time experience.
- ♦ If you want to create 3D forms by squeezing out the 2D surface with predetermined way, the Follow Me tool of Google Sketchup is meant for you.
- ♦ If you want to make it a more tangible, then the Real time Shadow Engine will provide you the option to make it happen.
- ♦ You can also have a look of inside as the interactive Section tool allows you to cut away parts of your design and you can look on the floor plans as well.
- ♦ By using the Paint Bucket, one can paint models with colors and textures.
- ♦ Finally after completion of the model you can have a first person view by the Look Around and Walk tool of Google Sketchup program.
- ♦ You can also create animation by creating some Scenes respectively.
- ♦ Apart from these, you will also get some wonderful tools like Sandbox, Layers and Outliners, the Instructor and many more.
Assists from other software:-
- ♦ This software is co operated with a special rendering program called iRender which can deliver excellent rendered output.
- ♦ Google Sketchup pro 6 has a wonderful addition especially for interior designer called layout where one can compiles the elevation and section from your 3D model.
- ♦ After accomplishing the 3D model, you can have a real time view by just putting it in Google Earth and can have a topographic view.