Apply for the job of “Exhibit Designer’ in the Baltimore, USA
A position is vacant for the inventive Exhibit Designer in National Aquarium on permanent basis. The location of the job will be Baltimore, Maryland, United States. The candidate should have minimum 3-5 years experience to design new exhibitions. The minimum qualification should be BA/BS/Undergraduate. Besides, the candidate should have experiences to motivate the preservation of the world’s aquatic treasures.
The exhibit designers should work in tandem with interdisciplinary in-house teams to produce explicative aquarium exhibitions that focus on complicated living exhibits, narrate persuasive stories, offer engaging, interactive experiences, as well as connect more than a million guests annually for the sake of the aquatic world.
Besides, working with company’s in-house fabrication division, the Exhibit Designer has to provide support to the external architectural and engineering teams as well as fabrication firms to understand their designs for ‘world class’ temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Exhibition Design, Industrial Design, Architecture and other associated design field.
- Having on-the-job experience with 3 or more years for making interpretive exhibitions toward museums, zoos/aquariums or similar organizations.
- Should have sound visual, verbal & written design communication expertise along with demonstrated aptitude to draw and create 3D models as design problem solving skills.
- Well versed with Vectorworks (2D and 3D), AutoCAD, Rhino or other 3D modeling as well as knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs.
- Capability and interest in functioning collaboratively with others.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of space planning, museum exhibition best practices and standards, exhibition lighting, fabrication methods.
For more information give a call at 410-576-3800 (9 am–4:30 pm, daily)
Image Courtesy: artanddesignstudio.com