2 days exclusive sketchup course to become an expert in sketchup
An exclusive 2 days training session will be held on April 8-9 in NRI, 1705 Desales St, NW, Floor 2, Washington, DC 20036. By attending the course, one will be able to become expert in sketchup.
In day one, one will be familiar with the fundamentals of sketchup and be prepared to model with sketchup efficiently in the quickest possible time. Besides, gain knowledge of the essentials of navigating SketchUp and the jargon of the program. In day two, there will be training on CAD to SketchUp workflows and various methods for making good presentations and realtime renderings.
- Session 1: Learn the Basics (9am – 12pm)
- Introduction: Welcome Screen, Templates, Toolbars
- Drawing in 2D: Line, Rectangle, Circle, Polygon, Arc, Freehand
- Lines & Inferencing
- Massing a Model: Gather knowledge about inferencing works in 3D and how to apply the Follow-me tool to generate multifaceted roof pitches.
- Measuring & Precision: Study the essentials of drawing in your default units, through the Offset and Push/pull tools.
- Guide me: Application of guides to produce window and door openings rapidly.
- Groups and Section: Importance of creating groups in the model and the process for choosing objects and geometry.
- Move, Rotate, Copy: Simple exercises showing various functionalities of these useful tools.
Session 2: Afternoon (1pm – 4pm)
This session is designed to improve your knowledge gathered in Session 1. Apply your knowledge through various techniques and exercises. Get various working files which will be useful for applying sketchup in generating drawings and presentations.
- Styles & Scenes: Be trained in generating views as well as applying styles inside your model.
- Navigating around: Become skilled at the details of orbit, perspectives, pan, etc.
- Creating Groups & Components: Learn when to make components rather than groups.
- Modeling Workflow: Grasp in approaching modeling more composite spaces.
- Section Cuts and 2D Views: Be familiar with creating orthographic views and section cuts and export them.
- A Taste of LayOut: Learn the fundamentals of making a presentation with SketchUp’s paper-space program: LayOut. (an exclusive feature with SketchUp Pro)
Image Courtesy: zcads.com.au