PolyTrans 3D Pro File Conversion System
Okino's conversion system is and has been the key reference-implementation tool for repurposing all major CAD/MCAD, DCC and VisSim content into quality SketchUp models, in particular for the creation of .skp models for the "3D Warehouse". If you have 3D models which you can't get converted to SketchUp format properly then we can help you easily do it -- the default conversion options will always perform a proper conversion (although, at most, you may need to change the relative export scaling, as SketchUp is senstive to model size).
PolyTrans is a true workhorse application. Okino's PolyTrans 3D professional conversion system for SketchUp intelligently and robustly translates native SketchUp files to/from almost every major 3D CAD, DCC, animation and VisSim program.
The native PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max plug-in system comes with each base-level copy of PolyTrans or NuGraf. Most Okino customers will purchase at least one of: CAD/Pack, DCC/Pack and/or Granite/Pack. See also these corresponding WEB pages:
- ♦ PolyTrans stand-alone program
- ♦ NuGraf stand-alone program (elder brother of PolyTrans)
- ♦ PolyTrans-for-Maya
- ♦ PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max
- ♦ CAD/Pack
- ♦ DCC/Pack add-on (enables PolyTrans-for-Maya)
- ♦ Granite/Pack CAD importers add-on (incl. native ProE, STEP)
- ♦ JT importer/exporter
- ♦ CATIA v4 importer
- ♦ CATIA v5 importer
- ♦ Spatial ACIS SAT/SAB importer
Okino's conversion system is and has been the key reference-implementation tool for repurposing all major CAD/MCAD, DCC and VisSim content for SketchUp users.
The SketchUp import/export conversion system is provided as part of the base-level PolyTrans and NuGraf programs.
SketchUp has stringent requirements on the 3D data that it can import and hence this Okino exporter 'goes the extra mile' to clean up, optimize and manipulate the exported data so that it will show up properly within the SketchUp program.
How to Install the Plug-In Modules:
- First, you need to install either a commercial version of Okino's stand-alone PolyTrans or NuGraf software on your machine.
- Second, you need to download the plug-in module(s) from the links below and install them into the "vcplugin" directory, which is contained in the home PolyTrans or NuGraf directory. Some plug-ins will have their own .exe installer, while others will be distributed in a ZIP file.
- Once the files have been installed into the "vcplugin" directory, restart PolyTrans, NuGraf, PolyTrans-for-Maya, PolyTrans-for-3DSMAX, etc. The new plug-in should appear within the Okino product.