Using Tekla Structures Model into SketchUp
Nowadays we use software tools to assist ourselves into accomplishing a project undertaken. Now there are various software out there to help accomplishing a similar type of task and we often need to use more than one such software to get the best possible result. Hence it becomes extremely necessary that the numerous software available are able to somewhat interact with each other. Tekla Structures and SketchUp are two such software used by architects in designing a construction job.
Tekla Structures is a building information modeling software that allows structural drafters and engineers to design a building structure and its components using 3D modeling, generate 2D drawings and access building information.
SketchUp is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design but is widely used by engineers to design building structures.
Hence it becomes necessary that the two software interact with each other. Here we are about to discuss how to export a Tekla Structures Model into SketchUp.
- Go to file and click on export.
- Find SkecthUp in the export bar and click on it.
- ?Tekla Structures-SketchUp Export? dialogue box opens up.
- Click on create all.
- Close the ?Tekla Structures-SketchUp Export? dialogue box.
- Close Tekla Structures as it won?t be needed any more and it would consume less RAM.
- Locate your Model folder and enter it.
- Find the SketchUp model created named ?Out?. (You may rename it as you like.)
- Drag the model and place it in SkethUp.
- Now SketchUp will open.
- Go to template and find your model.
- Click to open it in SketchUp.
For more detailed information, visit www.eyecadvr.com