Mapbox Sketchup Plugin for GIS professionals
The Mapbox SketchUp Plugin is an useful plugin for sketchup professionals through which the sketchup users will be able to incorporate their current GIS workflow with Mapbox as well as geodesign for their projects. Besides, the sketchup users can also transform their models and plans to real world.
The Mapbox SketchUp Plugin facilitates the users to include custom maps (satellite or vector map data) or images to any sketchup project by importing these maps into sketchup for obtaining superior control over their design.
The Mapbox SketchUp Plugin is compatible with SketchUp 2013, SketchUp 2014
Design maps: Just open the plugin, and select a map style. Custom styles are included in the advanced panel.
Any place in the world: Zoom any place in the globe. When an area is established, click on the map and choose an area. Subsequently press on the ‘Select Area’ to insert the map.
With a single click: The image is append directly to your SketchUp project. When contained in SketchUp, the map will be applied to attach context and texture to any sketchup models.
How to apply:
- Download the plugin and open SketchUp
- Turn on the plugin by selecting Plugins -> Mapbox Map Importer
- Zoom to an area of interest
- To opt for an area, press one time and then repeat it to complete the process for generating the rectangle.
- The image will be included to SketchUp project.