10 Unmissable Sketchup Tutorials
We all know how to use SketchUp but never tried as we think it was too difficult. And we also wanted to learn SketchUp?s deep secrets and become a master in it. So this article is the answer of all queries and it will help you to discover 10 unmissable tutorials that will tech you step by step to use it and will improve the knowledge to become a SketchUp master.
1. Just the Basics: It is not possible to learn SketchUp without knowing its basic principles. Whether one is beginner or an advanced user, it is should be known how to place and scale reference image in the SketchUp model to save the working time. That will help to become faster in future. Follow the link for video: landarchs.com
2. Simplify design with componenets: Every time while starting new software without knowing to do the tasks in a simple way is a wasting of time. Everyone should know the right way to make life easier without having modified the same object for many times. Just by using these components it will be easier to transform all the identical objects at the same time.
3. How to impact a Google Map into SketchUp: It is now possible and really useful to import Google Maps into Sketchup. With a simple click one can discover the topography of one?s site. But it is not as accurate as a land survey, but it?s just a start. The tutorial will lead to choose the location, import it into SketchUp and reveal its topography. It can be very useful while working on big properties, in the hills where no land survey is. It will be helpful.
4. Sandbox Tools- Building Terrain from Contours: In Tutorial 3 SketchUp gives the possibility to create own site topography while design, just need to work with contours (that can either be imported from AutoCad or drawn in SketchUp from a map), follow some easy and simple steps and voila.
5. Modeling Topography w/DWG Contour Map and Sandbox Tools: It is about creating own topography lines from AutoCad for SketchUp models by using contour lines. It can be very useful for those who don?t know how to deal with contours in SketchUp. Landscape architecture works with land and territory and for that it is needed to understand the site perfectly to design it correctly. Reproducing site in the most accurate way helps to save time while drawing in SketchUp.
6. Textures in SketchUp: SketchUp offers another possibility to add textures to the objects inside the model. Textures can be of help of course, but if not treated correctly then they can become terrible and a waste of all work. So practicing in right way is must.
7. How to Deal with Trees and Bushes: In this tutorial it shows different kinds of 3D vegetation materials and teaches how to deal with different kinds of elements in model. It is notable that as landscape architects the vegetation material is everything, so it is needed to make it look as nice and real as possible. It means to use some special effects in the model to make it look real.
8. Photo Match & Compositing in the 3D model: To make model as real as possible, one can add a little bit of the outside world in the 3D model, like context or a photograph. But then to match the perspective view of the image and SketchUp model the problem appears. So it is important to know to insert perfectly model into photos while keeping the correct perspective.
9. Designing with the Follow Me Tool: Landscape architecture and architecture need to be free from PC limits. Software need to deeply understood and give the flexibility while in the hand drawing.
10. How to create difficult shape in a few steps: Pc graphics are really useful and can help to save a lot of time but can?t control the creativity. By finding the perfect tool one can illustrate the designs.
Article Source: landarchs.com